Cranberry and oatmeal cookies are a typical fall treat, but why not combine cranberries and oatmeal in your breakfast? This cranberry oatmeal cookie porridge is just that. It combines the sweet porridge made with sweetened soy milk (or any milk you like) with the spice of cinnamon and the tanginess of cranberries. Fresh cranberries may not be available everywhere, but frozen would probably work just as well. I think dried cranberries are not the same, because they are a lot sweeter than the fresh thing. If you however, have a big sweet tooth, you could give this a go with dried cranberries.
I have to note that cooking this in the microwave is a bit tricky, because the cranberries pop, a bit like popcorn. This causes some moisture to splatter around. This could of course be avoided by cooking this on a covered pan on the stove instead, or just quickly cleaning your microwave after making this.
This is an easy one, so let’s quickly get into this!
- 40 grams of oatmeal
- 200 mL of sweetened soy milk
- 60 grams of fresh cranberries
- A sprinkling of cinnamon
- Add your oatmeal, soy milk and cranberries to a bowl
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes on high, stirring every minute and keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t boil over
- Keep microwaving until most of your cranberries have burst
- Sprinkle on your cinnamon
Tip: want a more filling breakfast? Add some pecans, macadamia nuts or almonds!
One Comment Add yours