If you have seen my review of the Rimmel London provocalips (which you can find here: LINK), you know that I love a lip that lasts through everything. I love the ease of not having to think about my lipstick throughout the day, whatever I may eat or do. That is why I wanted to try a new brand this week, the Max Factor lipfinity. Because I love a good red lip, I bought the colour 110 passionate. I ordered it online and I thought it would be a more mauve colour, but this colour is fine anyway. The packaging is nice, the box gives it a little bit more of a luxury feeling.
These lipsticks, like the ones from Rimmel, come with two steps. The Max Factor ones come in two tubes however. The lip colour itself, step 1, comes with a doe foot applicator. The lip balm, step 2, comes in a stick. I think I prefer the stick format for the balm over the kind of gloss that Rimmel London provacalips have. I do think however, that it is slightly less convenient that you have to take two tubes in your make up bag.
First, with all liquid lipsticks, I make sure I don’t have any dry scabs on my lips, because (matt) lipsticks can exaggerate those.
Next, I applied the lip colour. You have to let this dry for 60 seconds without your lips touching each other. I think the application is pretty simple to do with the applicator.
After that I added a coat of the lip balm, which added a bit of shine and a more comfortable feeling to this lip look.
After wearing this for 9 hours, I can say that this is a very nice lipstick. I think it is a bit more comfortable than the provocalips by Rimmel London. I do think I prefer the colours of my provocalips, but I will definitely try new colours from the Max Factor lipfinity range.
- Good colour with one coat
- I like the balm this comes with, it feels really nice
- Stays on your lips for a long time, I kept it on for 9 hours and it still looked fine (I didn’t test this for 24 hours, because I like sleeping ;))
- Does not smudge
- Does not come of during eating
- Is really comfortable to wear, doesn’t dry your lips out that much
- You now have to put two tubes in your make up bag for your lips
- Has to be removed with an oil based make up remover