I love meal-prepping, can you tell? Over the last couple of weeks I have been posting some warming soups, but sometimes I want something more substantial. My sister recommended oven roasted broccoli to me, so I had to try that. Since the green asparagus were on sale in Tesco, I chugged them in as well. I used sesame oil to the roasting tin to give some lovely roasted sesame flavour to the veggies. I really love how they came out with the spots of browning on them and would definitely make this again.
This recipe uses Tesco’s own brand vegetarian chicken like pieces, which are my new favourite meat replacement, since they go well with any dish. For this version I glazed them with soy sauce just before serving, which makes them nice and salty. If you have a bit of a sweet tooth, you can also add some sweet soy sauce or even chili sauce.
I really enjoyed having this for lunch this week and I hope you will too!
Ingredients for three lunches:
- One head of broccoli
- One bunch of green asparagus (175 grams)
- 1 tbsp. of sesame oil
- Coarse sea salt
- 150 grams of rice + 250 mL water
- Some slices of ginger
- Half a pack of Tesco vegetarian “chicken” pieces (or any veggie chicken pieces)
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce
- Optional: sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 220 C
- Cut up your broccoli, cut the bottoms off your asparagus and cut them into pieces
- Toss broccoli and asparagus with the sesame oil and some course sea salt
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- In the mean while, add the water, rice and ginger to a pan, bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, checking regularly to make sure the pan isn’t boiling dry
- When the roasting still has 5-10 minutes to go, heat a frying pan to medium heat and cook your chicken pieces until they are defrosted and toasted
- When your pieces are cooked through, add you soy sauce and glaze the pieces, making sure the soy sauce doesn’t burn
- Divide your rice, veggies and chicken pieces over three containers and enjoy
Optional: add a sprinkling of sesame seeds on top for some crunch!